What a busy week it has been! Long days at work because I needed to catch up from missing 8 days (10 days gone) of work from my wonderful vacation, a couple of “healing” appointments (acupuncture and naturopath) and yesterday I spent most of the day in the car (more on that in a moment)! This week I also started using the Couch to 5K app. In conjunction with the Map My Run app and Pandora, I can listen to rockin’ music, track how fast/far I go on my runs, and improve my endurance all at once! I am a TERRIBLE runner! No, seriously, I suck. But, I do enjoy the tingly feeling in my legs when I am done, and it is something that I can easily track my improvements. I didn’t start running until Wednesday this week, so I’m only on Week 1, Day 2 of the app. I’m using the free C25K app for now. But, as I was running today, I decided that this time next year, I want to be running in the Portland Marathon (it was completed today). This program has Couch to 5K, 5K to 10K, and Half Marathon apps. When I get a little closer, I’ll buy those, and go from there :)
- My run (today only, the other day I was at the gym)
- I weighed in at 147.6 pounds, and had 42.7 Lbs of body fat which was 29.1% of my body weight. That’s a loss of 1.7 pounds from last week! :) Now, I didn’t measure my pounds of body fat and % last week, but with my Ex Sci degree, I know it wouldn’t have changed that much in a week. If I remember at some point I’ll make a post about that. But for now, just trust me.
- I tried these cool new wraps at my store. They are called Wrawps, made from a company in California. They are Paleo-friendly, full of yummy ingredients, and work pretty well for wrapping purposes. I tend to over-fill my wraps, so they always seem to have issues. I stuffed mine with kale, spinach, shredded veggies, a spread (goat cheese and/or avocado), and turkey. Mmmm
The less-than successes:
- I am still drinking coffee. I haven’t re-made my herbal coffee stuff in a while, so my go-to is coffee. At some point, I’d like to not have to drink it, or at least cut even more back. But, one step at a time.
- I’m still eating sugar. It’s less, I’ll give myself a pat on the back. I reached for Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter or Honey Almond Butter instead of candy, but it’s still sugar.
- I haven’t quite gotten into the groove of prepping my meals. Again, one step at a time.
Back to my long drive yesterday…I drove to (and from!) Roseburg, OR yesterday. I left the house at 5 AM, and returned in the 4 PM range. I interviewed for the Rotary Group Study Exchange program going to Germany next Spring for a month! I’ll know later this week if I am actually on the team or not, but it was exciting to interview.
That’s it for now!
In health and love,